Tuesday 26 October 2010

I Live in a Flat, SO WHAT!!



I have promised myself this blog will be about nice and happy things and people, and even though the past 2 posts have included a bit of rambling it will continue being so.
So today I want to express my love for the flat floor, the no stairs, the no garden, the elevated view and the fact that I don't have to worry about my washing being out when it rains.

Lately I have noticed a peculiar obsession people here have about living in a house.  I don't really understand it to be honest, I had never ever met anyone who was obsessed with having a garden so badly until I moved here. I've tried to put my finger on it, is it a longing for private space? is it a social status kind of thing? Maybe all of the above.  I'm sure it's a cultural thing, which clearly states I don't quite fit in since I come from a city built in a valley surrounded by mountains, which have made building mostly vertical due to lack of space.

So if anyone understands the meaning of this, do let me know.
Until then, can I just be happy in my lovely flat?

******************************************************

Yo yo yo
listen up y'all
uh
let's go

I live in a flat, so what?
it's cute and I love it too
with a view of a park, how 'bout that!
and it even has room for two loos.

                                                               Boo hoo


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is one of the many things to be acheived on the pursuit of happiness. Bruce and I have done it all wrong, with our standards of living and our priorities that is why we are so bloomin unhappy! If only we had waited for the 40K, perfect house and garden, car and pension scheme... then having children would be so much more of a joy! Hee Hee!